Building a Home Gym with Wolverson Fitness
Here at Wolverson Fitness, we are the leading experts when it comes to gym installs and we want to help you build the perfect home gym that fits your budget.
This article will recommend the best home gym equipment to fit your needs and help make your decision about what to buy easier.
Building your own gym at home is way more convenient, time-efficient, and (potentially) cheaper than going to a commercial gym where you have to pay a membership fee every month.
The main pieces of equipment you’ll want are; barbell, weight plates, collars, floor tiles and a rig or rack (with dipping station and pull up bar).
Once you’ve bought the essentials you can look at additional purchases such as kettlebells, dumbbells, cardio equipment and maybe even something like a deadlift platform depending on your space.
If you’re reading this then I’m guessing you’re thinking about building your own gym at home either in the garage or a spare room.
It could be for any of the following reasons:
- Saving hours of time every week (no driving to the gym before or after work.)
- Saving a load of money each year (no more monthly memberships.
- No more asking the bro on the bench, INSIDE THE SQUAT RACK, how many sets he has left.
- Designing your space exactly how you want it to be, creating your perfect training environment.
- Blast whatever music you want, as loud as you want.
Should You Build a Home Gym?
You should be confident at the end of this article that you have the information needed to decide what equipment you should be buying for your home gym.
However, before we continue, there are some pros and cons to having a home gym so I will outline them here for you.